Saturday, September 26, 2009

SURPRISE!!


After a Friday full of driving yesterday Mom, Tandi, and I had finally reached our cabin in Pigeon Forge.

Tandi and I could barely contain our excitement waiting for all the "surprises" that were coming Mom's way.

We had been telling little white lies all day long to keep her in the dark...
we should literally look like Pinocchio by now.

Mom was starving so she kept pressing us to hurry to go to Wal-Mart.
I finally had to say "OK - lets go Tandi"....which caused Tandi to give me this look like "WHAT??"

I told another white lie and said that Johnny was ordering pizza on the internet to be delivered.

We met Mam-Maw, Robin, and Amy at the end of the street and got some of their bags from Wal-Mart.

When we walked back in the cabin Mom looked at us like we were crazy because we had literally had the quickest trip to Wal-Mart in the history of man!

A few minutes later there is a knock on the door, so I get the money in my hand because it must be the "pizza delivery guy"...

I think all of Pigeon Forge heard Mom's shrill scream when I opened the door to reveal Robin, Mam-Maw, and Amy with balloons and cake!!

Mom's only two questions were..."Are you guys staying??" and "Portia, did you order enough pizza??"

Five minutes later, there is another knock at the door and a deep voice that says "pizza delivery"...

Mom was speechless when I opened the door to reveal Sheila, Marley, Megan and Leah!



Her face was priceless...
definitely worth all the work and lying it took to get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive