Has your car ever quit working in the middle of the road?
Well, as of last night my answer to that question is yes.
I had just merged onto Hwy 385 headed for I-240...headed for home....
Then out of nowhere...nothing was happening when I hit the accelerator!
Cars were swerving around me going 90mph and I was going 0!
I inched my way to the side of the road...barely made it across the white line when it stopped for good.
I tried to call Johnny, but he didn't answer. It was 4:25 so I was picturing him with his hands in someone's mouth and completely unable to come get me. So I started calling everyone I knew in this city...no one answered.
I was beginning to panic...
Then Johnny finally answered the phone!
You know how it is when you are upset about something , but you are handling it pretty well until "your person" asks you if you are OK and then you completely lose your composure??
Well that was what it was like when I heard Johnny's voice...I was fine...but I was so nervous that when I heard his voice I got upset.
Anyway...
at 8:00 we had towed the car to the Honda dealership nearby...$65 for less than 5 miles! Highway robbery!
I guess we'll find out today what is wrong with the car...hopefully something cheap!!
Thanks honey for being my rescuer on the side of the road...in the pouring rain!

This is me in the car watching my husband try to figure out what is wrong...in the pouring rain.

This is my car's first ride on a tow truck...and hopefully the last!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment