As of yesterday Johnny and I have been married for 5 years!
In some ways it doesn't seem like that much time has passed, but in other ways it feels like it has been a lifetime!
Our lives have changed so much since December 17, 2005.
We moved to Memphis (which felt like Egypt!)
Got Johnny graduated from dental school (it was a team effort, trust me!)
Got us moved back to Crossville the day after graduation (with a lot of help from my wonderful family!)
Johnny is being an amazing dentist in Pikeville
We had our adorable, sweet, perfect little Brady boy...
If the next 5 years are as eventful as the last we are in for some adventure,
but there is no one I'd rather share it with than my wonderful husband.
Johnnyvan...thank you so much for the past five years. We make a good team! I love you with all my heart.
So...
to celebrate our 5 year milestone we took a little overnight trip to Gatlinburg.
(Grammie and Poppie were kind enough to keep Brady boy for us)
We "splurged" and stayed at the Christmas Inn in Pigeon Forge.
It is such a beautiful place to stay! I tried to get Johnny to agree that we should stay there every anniversary, but he just chuckled. Hey...it was worth a try!
Our room was really nice and decorated for Christmas, of course.
The fireplace in our room
I thought the pillows on the bed were so cute...wish I could have brought them home!
I made Johnny pose with his pillow and the tree in our room.
I wanted my picture taken with the candy canes that lined the sidewalk in front of the Inn.
This huge tree was so beautiful, it was in the lobby of the hotel.
Johnny and Santa
We were lucky enough to find someone to take our picture together before we checked out.
Thank you honey for a wonderful annivesary celebration!!
A couple of days before Johnny and I got married, I asked him if he was getting nervous (expecting him to say yes because lets face it...most guys get nervous before their wedding!).
He simply replied, "Absolutely not, I've married you a thousand times in my head."
That statement has stuck with me ever since.
And I've fallen in love with him a thousand times since then.
Here's to 50 more years and thousands of more memories!!
I love you Mr. Shanks!
(or more accurately...Dr. Shanks!)





No comments:
Post a Comment