Monday, July 13, 2009

Beads and Bobs

Friday at 6:00, my husband and I were sitting on the couch taking a breather after a long week of work and school.
I leaned over and patted his arm with these rapidfire pats...
he knew I was excited.

I was excited because at 7:00 my sister and her husband would be pulling up in front of our house!

Johnny looked over and said, "You get so excited when people are coming. I could almost get insulted if I thought about it. You aren't ever this excited when it is just us here!"

I felt bad, but it is so true. I get so excited when people are coming. Family visits are things I look forward to for weeks. It allows me to forget for a blissful two days the reality of living here...so far away.

As soon as Tandi and Stacy arrived we drove to Central BBQ for some heavenly (as Mam-Maw would say) bbq chicken nachos. The boys left to go home and start on the floor so Tandi and went to Target.

Saturday morning Tandi and I escaped the house and headed to Olive Branch, MS in search of "Glitter & Glam Boutique". We found it with almost no trouble and were able to purchase our Chamilia bangle bracelets. We have both decided that we would like a "color bead" bracelet and decided to go with Chamilia (instead of Pandora) because they have a really cool, new bangle bracelet. I love it!! Now I just need some more beads! (hint hint hubby!)


We paused in our shopping to take a picture of our bracelets


Hot sisters showing off our bracelets

I'm still not sure what kind of pose he was aiming for....so silly!!

Ready for a night in Memphis!

For dinner that night we went to Kooky Kanuck's downtown - the best burger I've ever had!
I'm not sure if it was because we were all starving or if the food was truly that good...maybe a little of both.
They also have the best fries ever...sweet potato fries...heavenly!


To help our burger and fries digest we walked down to Beale St for a little while.
Tandi got complimented on her "bob", but she was so freaked out by the guy talking to her she gave him a nasty look. I had to explain to her that he was complimenting her on her haircut!!


An hour later we were on our way to Home Depot for trim to finish up the hardwood project. What I didn't realize was that the trim is 16 feet long! We had the privilege of driving through downtown Memphis with trim sticking out of the trunk and out of Tandi's window! Of course (since I was driving) the trim hanging out of the trunk broke and we looked even more stupid dragging the end of the trim down Mud Island! (Poor Johnny...he desperately needs a truck!!)


Tandi was more concerned about "being mugged" since she had to have her window down all the way home. Everytime we stopped at a red light/stop sign she would look around with this bewildered look on her face.
In the end, we all got home in one piece...well...except for the trim!!


Thank you Stacy and Tandi for a wonderful weekend! We had a blast!

1 comment:

  1. It would have been complete if I had been there! I miss you sooo much! I'm glad you had a good time with Tandi and Stacy.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive