My husband goes back to school on Monday...yay!
He is officially a D4!!!
(It is kind of crazy that he is already in his last year of dental school!)
When Johnny is in school his life is pretty much consumed with it...so you're probably wondering why I'm excited that he starts school on Monday.
When Johnny is out of school, he doesn't know what to do with himself. He is so used to running around the clinic - he is unable to just chill out for an extended period of time. So you know what that means...
projects around the house! Agh!
One day last week I came home from work to find a mess in my living room. A ladder, paint, paintbrushes, spackle (however you spell that), caulk, etc...
He is officially a D4!!!
(It is kind of crazy that he is already in his last year of dental school!)
When Johnny is in school his life is pretty much consumed with it...so you're probably wondering why I'm excited that he starts school on Monday.
When Johnny is out of school, he doesn't know what to do with himself. He is so used to running around the clinic - he is unable to just chill out for an extended period of time. So you know what that means...
projects around the house! Agh!
One day last week I came home from work to find a mess in my living room. A ladder, paint, paintbrushes, spackle (however you spell that), caulk, etc...
He was in the process of fixing a crack in the drywall between the living room and the kitchen.
Being my normal pessimistic self I said, "So where are you going to get the paint to cover that up now??"
He said he'd found a can of the paint in the garage and was going to have some made to match that.
My next negative comment was, "Well - doesn't paint change colors as it ages? If you have them match that paint, its not going to match the wall."
But I'm a girl...I don't know anything about home improvement...
Sure enough...the paint was way too dark! I held back my "I told you so"...
for about 30 seconds and then I had to say it!
But my husband was not going to be outdone by a bucket of paint. He did some research on the internet about painting and came up with an idea. He was going to customize the paint himself.
I kept my comments to myself but I was thinking "What do we have to lose at this point?!?"
He bought some white paint and added tablespoons of white paint to the brown paint.
(Yes...one of my kitchen tablespoons!)
So for the past week, everyday when I get home he calls me over, we stare up at the spot on the wall, and he says...
"What do you think? Two more tablespoons? Three? Maybe Four?"
I am proud to announce...
that my husband is a paint genius!
The spot is now perfectly blended with the rest of the wall!!!
I had my doubts, but I was wrong!
And if you come to our house and don't agree...
please don't tell us!
Just keep it to yourself!
The next project...replacing our bedroom carpet with hardwood...
pray for me!





No comments:
Post a Comment