
This evening we attended the Fellowship Downtown block party to celebrate the finalization of our new outpost location. Downtown Elementary is allowing us to rent their facilities for Sunday services. So starting August 9th we will only have about a 5 mile drive to church on Sunday mornings. We are really excited to be a part of the Fellowship Downtown family.
Johnny and Kevin in deep conversation...secretly wanting to climb the kids rock wall!It was honestly one of the hottest block parties I've ever been to (OK...its the first "block party" I've really ever been to). At 7:30 everyone was still roasting...our shirts were completely soaked with sweat. It is now 8:22 and I am back in the comforts of my air conditionered house...outside it is 91 degrees with a heat index of 101!! It is 8:30!! Oh, how I miss the cool nights of the plateau...sitting on Mam-Maw and Pa's front porch watching the lightening bugs.
The egg tossBefore we left we watched Kevin and Adonia participate in the egg toss. Johnny was adamant about not participating - he was wearing his beloved Sperry's and did not want to risk them! I guess that means he doesn't trust me as a thrower! Adonia had told Kevin there was no way he'd get egg on his clothes...but she was wrong! He lost his composure after his neighbor's egg exploded all over her...so she wiped it on his back!

Adonia shows off the egg on Kevin's back
Me and Adonia
Johnny and Kevin
We are blessed with wonderful friends here in Memphis! My baked beans and Adonia's rice krispie treats & oatmeal raisin cookies were the best part of the party!





No comments:
Post a Comment