Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Where is my Mam-Maw?

This evening when I arrived home after a hard day at work I got to behold a wonderful sight...

Mam-Maw with teeth!

I sat down beside her on the couch and simply stared at her mouth...
I was praying that my reaction would not be taken wrongly, but I was speechless.

Don't get me wrong...
they are definitely beautiful!
(Would we expect anything less from my wonderful husband?? I think not!)

But gone is the Mam-Maw that I have known for the last (almost) 27 years.

Have you ever noticed that teeth can completely change the way your whole face looks??
Well believe me...they can!

The "old" Mam-Maw has been replaced with a new and improved Mam-Maw with beautiful chompers!

But the "little kid" in me was saying "Where is my Mam-Maw?"

As you can imagine it is taking her some time to learn some things over again...
smiling, talking, eating, etc.

I can't wait for everyone at home to see her...
I have refused their pleas to send pictures or post them on here...
that would completely ruin the surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive