Monday, April 19, 2010

Memories from this weekend...

1. No great finds at the flea market, but we can say we attended the last one before that building is torn down.

2. Lunch at Happy Mexican...we were all happy afterwards with full bellies.

3. Hours of registering at Babies-R-Us with my Mom, Sister, and Mam-Maw...exhausting...but special to have all three with me.

4. Sitting in the glider rocking chairs watching Mom and Mam-Maw touch every piece of clothing on the clearance racks to make sure they didn't miss anything for Brady. He is going to be the sweetest dressed baby ever!

5. Going to look at cribs at Babytime, only to find out that I'm "pushing it" in regards to the crib being available by the time Brady gets here! And I thought we were early!!

6. A little break for our feet at McDonald's...yummy chocolate milkshake.

7. A wild goose chase around Walmart trying to find where to get the registry gun...only to have an employee named Amat tell us that no one in the whole store knew where the registry gun was at. What??? (we left)

8. A quick detour to JCPenney's...found ties for Johnny for graduation on the clearance rack!

9. Firehouse Subs for dinner...the "Hook & Ladder is soooo good!

10. Second attempt at getting registered at Walmart...they knew where their gun was! Yay!

11. The icing on the cake of our Walmart experience...
Mam-Maw had found some baby socks that she wanted to get Brady...so at the self-checkout we got the error message "Item is Restricted". When I asked the lovely woman (not!) why I was getting that message...
she jerked the socks out of my hand, rudely said "We can't sell them to you", and walked off.
We were in shock!
As we were leaving there was a manager at the front door so we stopped to ask her what had just happened...
She was pretty much clueless.
I was actually paying more attention to the fact that she probably hadn't brushed her teeth in weeks! I was praying none of that "stuff" on her teeth flew out and hit me while she was rambling.

12. Finally getting home at 11:00...dead on our feet.
But it was worth it...we got a lot accomplished and made some hilarious memories while we were at it!

Thanks to Mam-Maw, Mom, and Tandi to enduring the long day.
I had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive