So tonight, while watching my husband get ready for a dental "shin-dig" (as he called it), I realized how unfair my thoughts are sometimes. Luckily, I'm getting better at keeping them to myself until I have thought through them.
Let me explain...
I didn't have a great day today...I had some pains in my stomach, around my belly button all day. Which I'm sure is only due to the fact that this belly (and the little boy inside) gets bigger every day.
So as my husband is getting dressed for a dental thing at Central BBQ I am laying on the bed watching.
(Since those are literally the only moments we had with each other all day/night)
(Since those are literally the only moments we had with each other all day/night)
Running through my head were the thoughts...
"That shirt looks good on him."
"His butt looks good in those jeans."
"No wonder I married him...he's hot!"
"He's getting serious...putting gel in his hair."
"Wow...really serious...cologne...mmm he smells good."
Then comes the unfair thoughts...
"He never dresses up like this when we go out to eat...I get the Life is Good tshirts or the ones with deer on them!"
"Why am I never invited to these things??"
I say those thoughts are unfair to him because...
I don't really care what he wears when we go out to eat. I'm usually just happy that means no cooking/cleaning for me and time spent together.
And why in the world would I want to be invited to a "dental shin-dig" where I wouldn't have a clue about anything?! In fact, I'd probably complain to Johnny about having to go if I were invited!
I guess I was just feeling sorry for myself, but luckily had enough brain power left at the end of the day to keep those thoughts locked away.
So honey...if you're reading this...
if any of those unfair thoughts ever sneak out...
please know that there is usually a train of very good thoughts before that you don't get to hear! :)
No wonder men say women are complicated!





No comments:
Post a Comment