I especially hate small town politics.
It doesn't matter how "right" for the position someone is or the brilliant ideas they have for improvement...that has absolutely no bearing in the results.
The only thing that matters is who you know and how many connections you have.
Obviously last night was election night...
and when the results were in, I was so glad I was in Memphis and not in Crossville.
My Dad got beat in the race for Trustee of Cumberland County.
I cried enough in a room alone in Memphis...
I can't imagine how much worse I would have been had I been at my parent's house.
My text message to Dad was...
"It just wasn't meant to be Dad, that means something else will come along."
And I have faith in that statement.
Sometimes we just have to get to the point where we say
"OK Lord, I'm done. I'm going to rest in the knowledge that you are in control and just accept the things/situations in my life as they are."
When you are able to give that kind of faith to God, miracles happen.
Trust me...first hand experience.
Dad...
You are always a winner to us! We love you!





No comments:
Post a Comment