Johnny and I welcomed our son, Brady, into the world on Monday 8/2.
6lbs 9oz 20 inches
A head full of dark hair and dark eyes
(For some reason I knew he was going to have dark hair, but I had envisioned him having really blue eyes like Johnny...guess we'll see how they turn out in a little bit.)
I didn't get to bed on Monday until 2am...I just couldn't sleep.
At 5am...a contraction woke me up out of a dead sleep.
I think I might have even said outloud to myself "OK...I'm up!"
Johnny got up at 6 to get ready for work and began questioning whether or not he should go.
I told him to go on because the process could easily take all day.
I called my mom who I knew was probably getting ready for work.
When she answered I said "I'm not going to make it to my 11:45 dr appt today!"
She got ready and came over to the house so that I wouldn't have to be alone.
At 9:30 we decided that it was time to go to the hospital. The contractions were increasingly getting stronger and more frequent.
When I got to the hospital I was dilated to a 3...and about 45 minutes later I was at a 4.
They got me checked into a room and hooked up to machines that monitored my contractions and Brady's heartbeat.
Once I reached 6cm they called for the epidural.
I was so excited to see that anesthesiologist walk into my room!!
Unfortunately, 45 minutes after he gave me the epidural...
it stopped working on my left side - my right side was blissfully numb!
As the contractions got stronger I knew something was wrong.
The anesthesiologist came back to my room and decided another epidural was needed.
Second time was the charm!
At 5:50 I was at 10cm and ready to push...
At 6:32...
I looked into the eyes of my beautiful baby boy and fell in love!
Words can't really describe the experience of birth...
in a split second your world changes forever...
and you can't imagine it any other way!
Mommy & Daddy in between contractions
Love at first sight
A proud Daddy shows off Brady
Brady in the nursery
Sleeping peacefully after all the excitement





What an amazing day! I was very honored to be there with you through the whole process. Brady is a little doll and is loved to the moon and back already!
ReplyDelete