I don't think I realized it this weekend when it was actually happening, but my husband and I had some major quality time together.
Friday night we went to the closest RedBox (at a very sketchy Walgreens on Union) and rented The DaVinci Code for free thanks to my husband who is such a slickdealer! He rented that specific movie because I have been dying to see the sequel to it that is in the theater right now (Angels and Demons). I could have swore he'd seen The DaVinci Code with me, but I must have been mistaken. It must have been during my "lonely Love Shack days" that I watched it by myself (and imagined that he was there with me!). Now we just have to wait for Angels and Demons to come out on video...or bite the bullet and pay $10 each to go see it in the theater.
$10 to see a movie...that is highway robbery!
On Saturday I decided to go to the flea market that is in Memphis every third weekend of the month. My husband so kindly accompanied me - without having to be asked. He patiently followed me down each and every aisle. He once compared shopping with me to "pulling his fingernails off with pliers" so I know what a sacrifice his company and patience was. Not to mention the fact that it is officially summer in Memphis. By summer I mean temps in the 98-100 degree range with heat indexes of 105-110...and the AC in one of the flea market buildings was out! Agh! We were very productive in our shopping and accomplished my goals of going. We got two birthday presents (can't mention what or who!) and we each got a pair of sunglasses for $5.
Afterwards, my husband was so thoughtful as to remind me that there is NOTHING to eat in our house. So off to Krogers we went for some much needed groceries!
On Sunday after church we ate lunch and then I got to exchange the whole bean coffee Johnny purchased on Saturday instead of the already ground stuff! :)
Our next stop was to Old Navy - all their men's stuff was 50% off and Johnny "needed" some shorts.
Three pairs of shorts and two shirts later...we were back in the car!
Once in the car Johnny asked me if I'd ever been to Collierville (a suburb of Memphis). I was thinking "that is a really random question", but luckily what came out of my mouth was "nope".
The next hour or so was spent driving to, around, and from Collierville.
My favorite part...
One of the subdivisions with HUGE houses in it didn't have a gate so we decided to take a look.
Oh my goodness...those were honestly the biggest houses I'd ever seen!
Johnny found it really funny that I picked one out that I absolutely loved....
not sure what was so funny about that!
Next time we get a chance we're going back and I'm taking the camera...
if we get arrested for taking pics of rich people's houses will you come bail us out???
I'm sure it sounds weird that I'm having to appreciate quality time with my husband...as that is the only person out here with me. You'd think we'd have quality time 24/7 and be sick of each other! :)
But with his school stuff taking up most of his life for so long...its nice to take a break from the "real world" and dream about having a house with six chimneys and a gazillion windows!!
Maybe someday...





No comments:
Post a Comment