Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Birthday Celebrations Begin

Johnny and I had been looking forward to his parents visit this weekend, but on Thursday at 4:00 we got a surprise...John and Karen had decided to come down a little earlier than expected! We were excited to have them for an extra night! They just had to wait for their sheets to be changed in the guest bedroom (that had been on my to do list for Thursday night).

On Saturday me, Karen, and John went to the flea market while Johnny was at his class. (Yes - for some reason in his 4th year of dental school they've decided to have a class on Saturday!)
We had a good time at the flea market looking at every table in both huge buildings. Karen reminds me so much of my Mam-Maw in the sense that she would literally touch everything in the store if you let her. She made some great purchases...the best of which I found for her...
sunglasses with bifocals in them!! She can now read in the sun without having to wear her reading glasses under her sunglasses!

Saturday evening was the early celebration of Johnny's birthday. Before going to dinner he opened his presents from his parents. He got some pretty great stuff - Life is Good tshirt and coffee cup, UT alarm clock, some kind of golf tool, and a can koozie that looks like a mini golf bag.
But the best gift of all was a pair of shorts. (Apparently Blu had tried to talk Karen out of buying them for Johnny, but she didn't listen.)

He has deemed them his "drive to Crossville shorts" because...
they are white elastic-band shorts!
I can't wait to take a picture of him wearing them!
Until then, this will have to do...



Thanks Mom for all the great presents!

Me and my birthday-boy hubby


Since it was his birthday, Johnny got to pick the restaurant....Longhorn Steakhouse.
As usual, Johnny's steak was 10 times better than mine. From now on I am going to make Johnny order my dinner when we are eating steak.

Johnny almost got away from dinner without the birthday embarassment that he despises. I have never met someone who hates birthday attention like Johnny! His Dad told the people at the restaurant that it was his birthday...so here they came clapping and singing to our table. To hide is utter embarassment Johnny began acting completely silly, dancing in his seat and clapping along with the waitresses.


Johnny and his Outlaw Ribeye & baked potato...before


Johnny's Outlaw Ribeye & baked potato...after


I bet he can't wait until Thursday to see what I have planned for his actual birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive