



My Civic, that I've had since I was 16, is hurt....
but I am OK. And for that I am eternally grateful.
I had my very first wreck yesterday.
I was driving down Union Ave to meet my wonderful husband for dinner at Central BBQ, when a car comes out of nowhere crossing my lane.
Actually, by the time I saw it - I had hit it.
My seatbelt pretty much caught me from going face first into the steering wheel...I love my seatbelt now.
I had just been hanging up the phone with Johnny telling him to go ahead and order as I was close to being there.
When he heard me scream he didn't hang up....he asked if I was OK and I said "I think so - just hurry and get here!!"
By the time I had the clarity to call the police the dispatcher said, "is this Mrs. Shanks?" and I was thinking..."Wow, these people are good." But then she said, "your husband has already called us." Have I mentioned how wonderful my husband is lately?
I know the wreck was minor in comparison, but being my first ever wreck...I was pretty shaken up by it. My hands were shaking. I did really good about not crying...
until I saw my husband pull up a few minutes later and get out of his car.
Then I lost it.
I think the only thing I kept saying was "this was not my fault!"
And it wasn't (per the cops) so everything is OK...
except the Civic.
She is pretty battered and bruised.
But I thank her for keeping me safe, my seatbelt for doing its job, my husband for being there when I needed him, and my guardian angel for watching over me.





No comments:
Post a Comment