Thursday, July 30, 2009

Take Me Out to the Ballgame





Friday began the 2009 Dizzy Dean World Series in Southaven, MS.

I was excited because that brought my cousins to town!

Kim and Hunter arrived on Friday and we began a weekend packed full of baseball.

I got a glimpse into the life I will hopefully lead in the near future.

At the opening ceremonies, we got to stand in a park with 138 baseball teams and their fans and trade pins. For anyone who hasn't experienced "trading pins"...it is amazing.

I was so impressed with Hunter and his team. They are a talented bunch of kids!

I couldn't believe how much he'd grown...his legs are a mile long.

(but I'm not supposed to be talking about his legs)

The highlight of the weekend was Sunday...when a storm suddenly hit and rained out the games.

Unfortunately, it caught us all without shelter and/or umbrellas!

We found a box of garbage bags and put them on...I was laughing hysterically, but mainly just to keep from crying. That is the most awful feeling!

But it was all worth it to watch Hunter hit that ball to the fence and slide into home plate!

I had such a good time! Can't wait for them to come back when there aren't any ballgames though!
Waiting in the heat for the next game

Sexy (OK...sweaty) girls at the ballfield


Hunter, Peyton, and Ray



Hunter and Peyton
(finally got a good smile from both after having them say booger!)


Hunter cooled off in the pool after his game


The garbage bag girls!
(Mandy, Kim, and me)

I don't think I will ever get the cheers out of my head. My favorite one of the whole weekend is:
Big bad Hunter...
Rip it up the middle...
Boogey round the bases...
Slide in their faces!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive