Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fireproof

This week's song was easy to pick - Tandi and I decided on it on Saturday while she was here.

"Love is not a Fight"
by Warren Barfield

(it wouldn't let me embed it, so you get a link this time)



The song is on the movie "Fireproof" and if you have never seen that movie you have to go right now and get it.

Johnny and I went to the movies to see it the first time and it had a definite lasting impression on our lives and our marriage.

Since I knew I would be blogging about it today, I put the movie in last night and watched it while doing some stuff around the house.

I have many favorite parts of the movie, but one of my favorite quotes from the movie is...

"Fireproof doesn't mean the fire won't come, it means when it does...
you'll be able to withstand it."


I even paused the movie last night to write that down so that I could get it right on here today. It definitely resonated within my soul as I read it last night - allowing God to make my marriage fireproof doesn't mean that we will never have the tests of fire, but that no matter what comes our way...we're in it together...forever.
That is an amazing feeling.


In today's song, my favorite line is...

"And if we try to leave, may God send angels to guard the door"

I'm not even sure why I like that part so much, I guess its the thought that my Heavenly Father would do that for me...send angels to guard the door to our home.

On December 17, 2009 Johnny and I will celebrate our 4th anniversary.

Over the past four years we have had quite a ride...

He is truly my other half, my best friend.

I pray God continues to His work in us and in our marriage to make it... fireproof.


I love you Mr. Shanks!

- - Mrs. Shanks

1 comment:

  1. You always make the tears swell up in my eyes, Po! I have the best sister and brother-in-law ever! Stacy & look up to both of you in so many ways! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive