Thursday, July 9, 2009

Moo Cows and Legacies


I found this picture of Madi last night in Mom's pictures.
Her caption underneath was -
"Here babies...I have a bite bite for you!"
Reading that and seeing the sweet sweet picture of Madi made me so homesick for Tabor Loop.

I remember being little and loving to go see the "moo cows" at Granny & PaPa's house.
I can still hear PaPa's voice yelling for the cows to come eat...
"Here babies! Here babies!"
(Which actually sounded more like "Hu Bu-bes! Hu Bu-bes!")
The cows knew his voice and would come running for their treat.
I also remember getting in trouble for going out to the fence by myself and yelling those exact same words,
the cows came running, and I didn't have anything to give them.
I just wanted to be like him!

Those memories (that I will cherish always) made me think of a song I heard on the way to work yesterday.

"Legacy" by Nicole Nordeman
Granny and PaPa left such a legacy for their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.
We have so much to live up to, I pray that the legacy I leave someday is half as great as theirs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive