Monday, February 15, 2010

More Boards

On Saturday February 13th, Johnny took another section of his state board exam.

This one was where he had to work on teeth (not sure if they are real or fake) inside of a mannequin. He had a total of 6 hours to do a certain number of hours to do a certain few procedures.

He had predicted that he would be done well before the time limit and be home early.

Unfortunately, his prediction didn't pan out like he thought.

When he called me on his way home, he sounded exhausted. I'm sure his brain was screaming for some rest!

The first words that came out of this mouth were...
"Have you ever heard of Murphy's Law?"

I said, "Is that the one that says anything that can go wrong, will go wrong?"

He said, "Exactly - and that was me today."

He came home and started telling me all that went wrong, which most of I didn't really understand due to the terminology that he used.

In those situations it is almost like a person who English is their second language...when they get upset they sometimes don't pay attention to the language they are using.
So being upset, he didn't pay attention that he was using "dental language" instead of English!

Because of all that went wrong, he was nervous about whether or not he had passed the test.

I, on the other hand, was completely confident in the fact that he had passed.
At one point I told him that he should be proud...
he had obstacles to overcome that no one else did and finished in the same amount of time they all did!

Luckily, the wait to find out the verdict...pass or fail...wasn't very long.

Johnny text me this morning that he has PASSED!!

I, of course, knew that all along!

Congratulations honey...one more to go and then "we" are done!

May 28th here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive