Today we attended the ceremony where Johnny received his hood to go with his graduation gown.
The lilac color represents Dentistry while the orange on the inside represents the University of Tennessee.
We are all so proud of him!
Johnny was excited that Brady got to attend the ceremony (sort of)
I couldn't resist sneaking a kiss...I am so proud!
The Barnwells, Swaffords, and Shanks
Mam-Maw and Pa with the Doc
The whole gang!
Some funny memories of the ceremony...
Johnny and his friends each handed the dean a tooth as they were shaking his hand on stage. He had quite a stack of teeth by the end of the ceremony. Jokesters til the end!
As the students were announced and walked across stage, most families would clap quietly or not make any sound at all. We decided that definitely wasn't good enough for Johnny...so when his name was called our entire family yelled, clapped, screamed...pretty much went crazy! I'm sure we definitely got some interesting looks from the other families!
After the ceremony, they had a reception with some refreshments. Of course, Pa headed straight to see what they had good to eat. As he was eating he grabbed a glass of grape juice to wash it down with. Unfortunately, he had a big mouth full of red wine!! His face was priceless!!
I'm so glad our family was here to celebrate this milestone and create lasting memories!





No comments:
Post a Comment